GLF Schools is looking to appoint an experienced and knowledgeable Premises Manager to lead and guide a cluster of four primary schools within our Western region.
Reporting directly to the Regional Estates partner but also working in conjunction with the Headteachers, keyholders and leadership teams in the cluster, this opportunity is ideal for someone wanting to grow and develop their career within estates/facilities management.
The successful candidate will be line managing Premises Assistants within the cluster and they will be expected to attend the schools within the cluster as required, which are within a short drive of each other. We require the successful candidate to have their own transport.
This is a full-time role based on 36 hours per week split across five days, though some weekend and evening working may be required.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the life of our schools and support the education of local primary school children.
About the cluster
This cluster is made up of four GLF schools in the local area.
- Floreat Montague Park Primary School in Wokingham
- Wheatfield and Windmill Primary schools also in Wokingham, and,
- Frogmore Junior School which situated on the outskirts of Camberley
We are looking for somebody who:
- Has a good awareness of health and safety issues and is able to carry out key compliance and safety checks
- Is reliable, a good problem solver and able to work on their own initiative
- Is experienced and capable of carrying out general maintenance and DIY tasks
- Is friendly, enthusiastic and a good team worker
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Is keen to contribute positively to the life of our schools
The role requires that the successful candidate will:
- Ensure that the necessary Legislative and Health & Safety requirements are met
- Ensure the school sites and buildings are maintained to a good, safe standard
- Ensure appropriate security measures and procedures for the site building and facilities
- Be the main key holder, attend to out of hours call out
- Ensure premises, cleaning, repair and catering equipment are maintained and developed in an effective and planned manner.
- Ensure risk assessments are monitored and kept up to date with necessary recommendations of any actions.
- Ensure the effective implementation of repairs, maintenance and cleaning programs.
- Promote and maximize the use of buildings and facilities and income.
- Implement, follow and promote energy conservation measures within the school.
- Implement and promote the school policies and procedures relating to all areas of employment and service delivery.
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly policies
• Flexible Working
• Staff Wellbeing
• Career Pathways and Talent Management
Please see the job description and person specification for full details of the responsibilities of the post and the requirements of the successful candidate. Please see the Floreat Montague Park careers site on our school website if you would like to contact us for more information on the role.
Start Date: As soon as available
Contract Type: Permanent
Pay Scale: GLF Specialist £25,103 - £31,000
Closing date for applications: 27th July 2021
Interview dates: TBC
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.