We are looking for a Cover Supervisor to work across both Longford Park Primary School and William Morris Primary School (0.5 Longford / 0.5 William Morris)
As Cover Supervisor you will be delivering pre-prepared lessons to a class, while the Class Teacher is out on planning time, this will involve delivery of the lesson, managing the classroom environment for learning, promoting excellent behaviour, marking of work and liaising with teaching colleagues on their return to promote good continuity for the children.
You will need to be an existing Cover Supervisor or experienced Learning Assistant with a knowledge of SEND and supporting pupils with additional needs, please use the supporting statement on the application form to show us how you match the skills we need and what you can bring to the role.
Adaptability, resilience and the ability to think on your feet are essential skills we are looking for the successful candidate to possess in this varied and evolving role, as well as an ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
We are looking for individuals that are passionate, enthusiastic and committed to a career within education.
Our Cover Supervisors really are valued members of our team and are expected to support the education and progress of all the children attending our schools.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing, diverse and welcoming primary school. Our schools have a passion for and, understanding of, what effective learning is and we help to inspire our pupils to be the best they can be. In return for your hard work we can offer excellent CPD opportunities and the support of a strong collaborative team.
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification carefully to ensure your personal application statement demonstrates how your skills match what we are looking for.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a candidate who will:
- Be enthusiastic and committed to work well as part of a team, as well as being self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner.
- Be committed to developing and sharing outstanding practice across GLF Schools.
- Be dedicated to ensuring that all children achieve their very best.
- Be passionate about the children's learning and welfare.
- Have the ability to enthuse and engage students in purposeful learning experiences
- Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour
- Be committed to personal career progression and enhancement.
About the Banbury Cluster
Consisting of four schools, the Banbury cluster has a collaborative approach towards working; this means the schools can work closely together to provide an outstanding educational experience to the local communities.
The schools benefit from being able to share resources and support each other where needed. It will also allow for more opportunities for career progression across the cluster and give you the chance to enhance your professional development.
Longford Park was graded Outstanding in September 2021 and goes from Nursery to Year 4, William Morris is an Outstanding, one form entry primary school, Hardwick is an established one form entry primary school and Cherry Fields (Nursery to Year 1) is an exciting new build school.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 41 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 41 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
School: Longford Park and William Morris Primary School (The Banbury Cluster of Schools)
Start Date:As soon as possible
Salary: £15,921 starting actual salary (£20,500-£23,814 FTE)
Hours: 32.5 hours/week, 39 weeks per year (term time +1 week)
Job Expires: Sunday 5th June 2022
Interviews: TBC with shortlisted candidates
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place