We are recruiting for dedicated examination invigilators who will be employed on a casual basis to supervise students taking both internal and external examinations throughout the year.
This is a flexible, casual position and we are interested in hearing from all candidates seeking flexible work. Examinations take place in the morning or afternoons, allowing for flexible working patterns.
About The Beacon School
The Beacon School is rated 'Good' by Ofsted and is part of the thriving GLF Schools Multi-Academy Trust. We proudly serve our local community and are, once again, oversubscribed with student applicants. Our core purpose is to strive for exceptional learning - and learning & teaching is at the heart of everything we do.
We have academic express streams, a strong house system and enrichment activities, and we offer extensive professional development opportunities - the school is an exciting and innovative place to work.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will:
• Be fair and firm, but friendly and approachable in dealing with students
• Have the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
• Be proactive
• Have the ability to respond appropriately to emerging situations
• Be reliable and punctual
• Have a calm and positive attitude
• Have a keen eye for detail
• Have a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
Why work at The Beacon School
• Exceptionally warm and welcoming staff
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
• Excellent programme of CPD
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast-growing community with excellent road networks, and only 40-minutes by train from London Victoria
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community, yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly policies
• Flexible Working
• Staff Wellbeing
• Career Pathways and Talent Management
• Staff Benefits
• Community and Collaboration
• Valued Worker Scheme
Start Date: February 2022
Hourly rate: £10.48 per hour
Hours of work: Casual
Closing date for applications: Monday 24 January 2022
Interview date: TBC
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place