We are recruiting for dedicated Examination Invigilators who will be employed on a casual basis to supervise students taking both internal and external examinations throughout the year.
This is a flexible, casual position and we are interested in hearing from all candidates seeking flexible work. Examinations take place in the morning or afternoons, allowing for flexible working patterns.
About The Beacon School
The Beacon School is part of the thriving GLF Schools Multi-Academy Trust. We proudly serve our local community and are, once again, oversubscribed with student applicants. Our core purpose is to strive for exceptional student progress and wellbeing. Our teaching staff are well-supported in developing an outstanding curriculum alongside a broad range of enrichment and extra-curricular opportunities.
We know that we get the best out of all our staff when we invest in them. Staff are trusted and their professional development is a key priority. Colleagues have access to an extensive programme of internal and external training opportunities and being part of one of the largest trusts in the country ensures our colleagues’ excellent career opportunities. The school is an exciting and innovative place to work.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will:
- Be fair and firm, but friendly and approachable in dealing with students
- Have the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Be proactive
- Have the ability to respond appropriately to emerging situations
- Be reliable and punctual
- Have a calm and positive attitude
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Have a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
Why work at The Beacon School
- Exceptionally warm and welcoming staff
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
- Excellent programme of CPD
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast-growing community with excellent road networks, and only 40-minutes by train from London Victoria
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 17,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
Our Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive pension scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Start Date: ASAP
Hourly rate: £11.81 per hour
Hours of work: Casual
Closing date for applications: Friday 1st December 2023
Interview date: TBC
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place