We are looking to add to our reliable bank of Exams Invigilators to support the exams process on a casual but ongoing basis, based on your availability within the exams calendar (exams take place during term time in November, March, May, and June).
The role of an Exams Invigilator involves assisting the Exams Officer in the smooth and efficient administration and running of examinations, undertaking student invigilation, plus management of rooms, facilities and equipment. Experience is not required, and training will be provided. We are interested in hearing from all candidates and welcome flexible working arrangements, based on availability for each exam session. Outside of the exams season, attendance is required at scheduled safeguarding and invigilation training sessions.
About Aureus School
Aureus School is a co-educational comprehensive school for 11 to 16 years that opened in Didcot in 2017. We firmly believe that every child deserves the opportunity to succeed, and our approach is driven by a belief in a comprehensive education and centred around high expectations for all. As a community, we believe in creating a learning environment that is both engaging and exciting, with an education that challenges our students to think critically and push boundaries. There is no limit to what our students can achieve, and we provide the necessary support and resources so that everyone can succeed. As a purpose-built school, Aureus has brand new technology using the latest equipment to enhance the student's learning experience.
What we are looking for:
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with students and members of staff clearly, calmly and accurately.
- Demonstrate good organisational skills.
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Be able to work with others as part of a team or alone.
- Have good time management skills: reliability and punctuality
What we can offer you
- A well-managed examinations department with supportive colleagues.
- In-house training and development in Invigilation and Safeguarding.
- Flexible working hours, based on Examination Timetables.
Why work at Aureus School
Our vision for Aureus extends beyond the classroom and the curriculum, to the culture and ethos that will be at the heart of our school’s learning environment. Our commitment to you:
- Dedicated and passionate staff
- Inclusive learning environment
- Dynamic teaching and learning
- Creative curriculum and resources
- CPD opportunities
- Framework for career development to HTLA
- All Associate school employees have the opportunity to become members of the highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme.
Hourly Rate - £11.81 per hour
Interview date – TBC
Start Date October 2023
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on 3rd October.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place