Are you looking for the next step in your career to become an established, executive school leader?
Are you an outstanding practitioner who is committed to the development of the whole child?
Our cluster of three schools in Camberley and Wokingham – Frogmore Junior School, Wheatfield Primary School and Windmill Primary School - are seeking a dynamic and visionary Executive Assistant Headteacher to join our passionate, experienced, executive leadership team.
As Executive Assistant Headteacher, you will help to shape the future vision of the schools, promote excellence, equality and the highest expectations for our children and staff. This is a rare opportunity to work alongside a dedicated team of school leaders and educational experts across the primary age range. You will continue to develop the excellent work already embedded by our school leaders, and play your part as an executive leader, working alongside the Heads of School. Whether a newly qualified or experienced SENCO with the appropriate qualification and/or experience, you will be responsible for continuing to develop and lead our SEND provision, ably supported by an inclusion and family support assistant. You will be a creative thinker, emotionally intelligent, highly organised and above all, passionate about improving the quality of children’s education.
About our schools
Lead by an Executive Headteacher, the three schools offer an exceptional primary provision for children between 2 – 11 years across three schools. We see ourselves as a family of schools, striving to be the best that we can for the children and families in our community, knowing that together, we are stronger. Our core purpose each day is to secure the highest standards of education for our pupils and to ensure that they receive the preparation they need for their futures, helping them build the resilience and character they need to make a success of their lives.
We are looking for someone who is:
• Is committed to developing a ‘right respecting’ ethos and philosophy for children as a whole school priority
• An inspirational practitioner, with the vision and confidence to motivate, challenge and support
• Passionate about children’s learning and welfare; putting them first in everything they do
• A team player, enthusiastic and eager to make a difference as an executive school leader
• Highly effective in communicating with parents and other stakeholders
We can offer you:
• A first-class learning and working environment, welcoming and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn, a committed and passionate staff team, supportive parents and well-established community links
• Outstanding professional development opportunities both within the schools and through our collaboration with the GLF Teaching School
• The opportunity to be part of a dedicated and hard-working executive team who strive for excellence in all they do, supported by active Governance
• Executive leadership experience within a strong and stable team, which will help to shape the next step of your career
Start date: 1 September 2021
Contract type: Permanent
Pay Scale: GLF Leadership Spine GL3-GL7
Closing date for advert: 28 April 2021
Interview: 7 May 2021 (interviews to take place via video call)
Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to offer face-to-face meetings and tours. However, we would like to invite you to meet us and our school virtually via Google meets. If this is something you are interested in then please do contact the school office to arrange a meeting on 0118-9896950 Wheatfield Primary or 0118-9029123 Windmill Primary or 01252-873054 Frogmore Juniors.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.