We are seeking to appoint an aspiring or established Early Years Leader to lead both our Reception cohort and our newly opened Nursery provision. We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate person who has experience of teaching in Early Years and can engage with colleagues and build relationships. The successful candidate will lead and manage the Early Years provision as a whole and relish the opportunity to continue to develop existing practice and shape EYFS provision in line with the school vision. The role will require you to be a member of our Leadership Team and therefore you will have the opportunity to work closely with the Executive Headteacher and Head of School in a newly formed partnership, aligning both the Infant and Junior school.
Alongside GLF schools we can provide extensive career development opportunities within the school and the Multi-Academy Trust.
Warren Mead Infant and Junior Partnership
Warren Mead caters for children aged 4-11 years of age with our own Nursery provision on site which caters for children from 3 years of age. Warren Mead has a highly passionate and dedicated team of staff who strive to provide the best education for all our children. We pride ourselves on;
• having high aspirations of all our children,
• growing considerate young people,
• teaching children how to be resilient in the world in which we live,
• giving the children plenty of opportunities to be proud of themselves and their peers
Warren Mead Infant and Junior School have historically been separate schools however in more recent years, we have embarked on an exciting new journey for the school where the leadership team lead the two schools as one, serving the same community. Although working out of two buildings, the schools now have a united vision, a joint set of values and a cohesive, progressive curriculum which starts in Nursery and progresses through to Year 6.
What we are looking for:
• An outstanding classroom practitioner in Early Years.
• Be committed to high standards of teaching and learning and the professional development of staff.
• Excellent leadership and communication skills.
• Innovative and inspirational.
• Enthusiastic and committed to a strong belief in teamwork.
• Able to lead, challenge and motivate children and staff.
• Committed to working with parents and the wider community.
• Passionate about the children's learning, progression and welfare.
Why work at Warren Mead Infant and Junior Partnership?
• The support of GLF Schools and the opportunity to be part of an inspirational, growing and dynamic organisation.
• An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community.
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools.
• A warm, welcoming environment where the focus is on developing and nurturing a lifelong love of learning.
• An opportunity to work as part of a highly motivated, engaged and supportive team.
• Happy, very well-behaved, enthusiastic children.
• Excellent CPD opportunities and career progression.
Salary: MPR/UPR (dependant on experience) and TLR2
Hours: Full time.
Start Date - 1st September 2021
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 11th May 12 noon
Interview date – Monday 17th May 2021.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.