Do you want to join our team as we continue to build this new nursery setting in Wokingham?
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and positive class-based Level 3 Early Years practitioner to support children in our new Nursery.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals to join our team as the Nursery continues to grow due to new funding for 2 year olds coming in from April 2024. They will join a very hard working and dedicated team of teachers and support staff, who focus on improving outcomes for the pupils in their care. The successful candidate should hold relevant Level 3 Childcare qualifications. As a flexible working employer, we are open to application from either part time or full time candidates. Please specify in your supporting statement your preferred work pattern.
About Windmill Primary School
Windmill Primary is a one-form entry, in Wokingham, Berkshire. We are located in an exceptionally well-resourced building, purpose built for children aged 2 to 11 years. We pride ourselves in being a small school where all children are known, valued and have their individual needs recognised and met. We grow and learn together each year and our children are integral to the development of the school, its curriculum and the learning environment.
Our School sits within a newly established cluster of Primary schools, overseen by a Regional Director. Along with Windmill Primary School, our cluster includes the following other schools; Wheatfield Primary School, Floreat Montague Park and Frogmore Junior School.
We anticipate that there will be opportunities within the GLF cluster with the Nursery Strategy to move forward .In addition, there will also be opportunities to work towards a level 5 qualification and beyond with the teacher training program at GLF.
What we are looking for:
- An individual with a Level 3 qualifications and recent relevant Nursery experience
- Someone with high expectations who is committed to raising the achievement of all children
- The ability to use a variety of strategies to engage and support children in their learning
- A collaborative professional with the ability to contribute to provision planning
- An excellent role model to children, colleagues and parents, exemplifying our core principle of kindness
- A positive professional actively supportive of the ethos, vision and values of the school
- A member of the team who is able to build strong relationships with the many stakeholders in a school
- A colleague who is flexible, positive and open-minded
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 17,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
Our Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive pension scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Start date: Negotiable
Contract type: Perm / Term time only / Full time (36 hours)/ Part Time considered (please specify on your personal statement your preferred working arrangements)
Pay Scale: Associate 3.1 - £22,982 FTE
Pro Rata: £19,771 for 36 hours a week, 39 weeks a year. Salary will be pro rata’d further for part time hours
Closing Date and Interviews: Applications will be considered upon receipt
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place