This is an excellent opportunity to join our Extended Senior Leadership team as the Faculty Leader for the Humanities subjects.
Our core purpose is to strive for exceptional learning and your aim will be to further develop the quality of learning and teaching, alongside improving outcomes across the Faculty. You will have the opportunity to gain significant whole school experience within your role as a member of the Extended Leadership team.
The Faculty structure is new to The Beacon School (introduced in September 2019), which gives the successful candidate the ideal opportunity to shape the development of leadership across the school. The Faculty incorporates History, Geography and Religious Studies, where there has been a significant improvement in outcomes in these subjects over recent years, so the successful candidate will need a vision and proven track record for gaining outstanding results to take the Faculty onto the next stage.
WHY CHOOSE US
Based in Banstead, Surrey, The Beacon School is rated 'Good' by Ofsted and is part of the thriving GLF Schools Multi-Academy Trust. Our core purpose is to strive for exceptional learning, as learning & teaching is at the heart of everything we do. We proudly serve our local community, attracting students from a wide range of backgrounds and we were, once again, heavily oversubscribed for September.
WHY WORK AT THE BEACON SCHOOL
For the successful candidate there is the opportunity to teach across all of the key stages in each subject and to an advanced level.
As a colleague:
- You will join an exceptionally warm and welcoming staff
- Teach students who want to learn
- Gain valuable leadership experience to prepare for Senior Leadership in the near future
- Be part of a Faculty where we are able to make significant investment
- Have the opportunity to deliver CPD in the Faculty and across the whole school
- Have the opportunity to be coached or become a coach
- Be able to collaborate and develop your career alongside other colleagues from across the 41 GLF Schools within the Multi-Academy Trust
- Receive a laptop and the use of IRIS technology to help you shape your teaching
- There is a large scope of extra-curricular activities and visits to be involved with
- There is a very strong and supportive staff body with a number of staff social events
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
- Have a proven track record of delivering outcomes as a classroom teacher and subject/faculty leader
- Have excellent communication and leadership skills
- Be able to work as part of a team leading learning & teaching
- Deliver whole school CPD
- Provide support to colleagues as part of our successful coaching programme
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Deputy Headteacher, Paul Cuthbert
Suitable for: MPR/UPR/LEADERSHIP (fringe)
Salary: Leadership L6 to L10 (up to £52.445)
Contract: Full-time and permanent
Closing date: midday on Monday 19 October 2020
Start date: January 2021
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.