Windmill Primary School is looking to appoint a Family Support Worker to join their team.
We are looking for a part time Family Support Worker. The successful candidate will support the families and wider communities of the school, helping to ensure excellent attendance and signposting to local services and support for the wellbeing of the children and wider family networks.
Windmill Primary is a one-form entry, in Wokingham, Berkshire. We are located in an exceptionally well-resourced building, purpose built for children aged 4 to 11 years. We pride ourselves in being a small school where all children are known, valued and have their individual needs recognised and met.
We grow and learn together each year and our children are integral to the development of the school, its curriculum and the learning environment.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who will be able to:
• Develop positive relationships with young children and their families
• Develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting
• Stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
• Be enthusiastic, motivated and committed to working as part of a team.
• Be a confident and clear communicator with parents.
• Be flexible
• Have good time management
• Hold a full driving licence
• Be willing to undertake further training
• Use their experience of working in a school or in a similar role
Why work at Windmill
• A chance to join a group of schools who place high importance on a positive working culture
• An opportunity to help shape and develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
• Excellent CPD opportunities
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly policies
• Flexible Working
• Staff Wellbeing
• Career Pathways and Talent Management
• Staff Benefits
• Community and Collaboration
• Valued Worker Scheme
Working Hours: 13 hours over 2 days per week, 39 weeks per year (term time plus INSET days)
Salary: GLF Associate Specialist pay scale
Pro Rata: £6,989 (£22,500 FTE)
Closing date for applications: 31 October 21
Interview date: w/c 8 November 21
We positively encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around our school. To arrange an appointment please call the school office on 0118-9029123.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.