Chestnut Park Primark School is looking to appoint a Family Link Worker with DDSL responsibilities to join their team as soon as possible. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a growing Academy Trust and cluster working across 4 excellent schools, (Marden Lodge Primary School, Hillcroft Primary School, Warlingham Village Primary School and Whyteleafe Primary School, making a difference in the local community.
We are seeking to appoint a full time Family Link Worker to work closely with the school.
The successful candidate will need to be able to work collaboratively and flexibly within our team, build good working relationships with both children and adults. While supporting the families and wider community, helping to ensure excellent attendance and signposting to local services and support for the wellbeing of the children and wider family networks.
About Chestnut Park Primary School
As a modern school, built in 2016, Chestnut Park benefits from state of the art technology within a modern, purpose built environment. We are also proud of our recent Ofsted inspection (June 2018) in which we were awarded 'Outstanding' in all areas.
Ofsted found 'Pupils’ behaviour in class and around school is exemplary. They are polite and well-mannered and demonstrate very positive attitudes to learning. Leadership is strong at all levels. Existing leaders identify and nurture potential leaders. Leaders invest in high-quality training to support improvement'
Our vision is that Chestnut Park Primary School will remain a primary school of excellence, where every child is both challenged and inspired to achieve beyond their dreams. We believe every child should be inspired by a rich and varied curriculum which focuses on establishing the highest standard of basic skills, whilst nurturing independent learners and thinkers.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who will be able to:
- Develop positive relationships with young children and their families
- Develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting
- Stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
- Be enthusiastic, motivated and committed to working as part of a team.
- Be a confident and clear communicator with parents.
- Be Flexible
- Have good time management
- Hold a full driving license
- A willingness for further training
- Have experience of working in a school or in a similar role
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
● Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
● Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
● 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
● We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
● Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
● Access to our highly competitive Pension Scheme
● Flexible working options
● Generous holiday allowance
● Work life and family friendly policies
● Employee wellbeing initiatives
● Career pathways and talent management
● Access to a staff benefits portal
● Community and collaboration working model
The Opportunity Details
Start: January 2024
Hours: 32.5 hrs per week over 39 weeks per year.
Salary: GLF Associate Pay Scale Specialist Point 1 Range FTE £24,982.00 - £33,592
Pro Rata: £19,402.38
London Weight FTE £643.00 Pro Rata: £499.20
Interview date : Week beginning 4th December
Please note we may invite successful candidates to interview before the closing date.
Please do visit the school website for a virtual tour and for further information. If you would like to visit prior to applying then please call the school office for more information.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place