The Finance Officer will work as part of a finance team, led by the Finance Partner (Primary), to deliver an expert service to our primary schools by providing transactional and administration support. The position would suit someone who has experience of working with financial systems.
This is a hybrid role - the successful candidate will have a base at our regional office at Pine Ridge Infant School, Camberley, but also have the option of working part of their week from home.
What we are looking for
- Experience of working within a Finance Department
- Experience of PSF accounting system, or similar accounting system
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive and solution focused with a flexible approach to work
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Hours - 30 hours a week, 43 weeks of the year (term time plus 4 weeks)
Salary- Specialist £24,982 FTE
Pro Rata Salary– £19,747 (based on 30 hours, 43 weeks)
Closing date for applications - 8th October 2023
Interview Date - TBC with the shortlisted candidates
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.