Are you in search of a new opportunity to lead and develop the Music curriculum in an Ofsted Outstanding, supportive and high performing school? We are excited to be recruiting a new Head of Music for January 2023 who has the vision and ambition to take this department to the next level.
We are seeking to recruit an outstanding and motivated Head of Department who is able to provide the vision and strategic leadership for our Music Department. The Department is situated within a modern, purpose built Music Centre and is well equipped with instruments. We have a team of peripatetic music teachers giving numerous lessons a week and we run many extra curricular music groups for students of all levels and age groups including Rosebery Singers, Flute Ensemble, String Orchestra, and Junior and Big Band.
We hold two or three major concerts a year and hold a music festival every other year as well as working closely with our Drama Department to produce a whole school musical. Smaller solo and ensemble concerts run during the year for different age groups.
What we are looking for:
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner who will teach music to students in Years 7 to 11 and 12 to 13 as needed.
- Have high standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have experience of managing or mentoring other teaching staff
- Be enthusiastic and highly motivated, committed to working as part of a team.
- Lead some of the numerous extra-curricular opportunities offered by the department.
- Be passionate about student welfare.
Please read the Application Pack for more information and before applying.
Rosebery is a vibrant and stimulating place to work.
We have a record of high performance but continually challenge all members of our community to improve further, in order to fulfil our moral purpose to provide the best possible educational experience for our students who are a delight to teach.
We set high expectations for all, but this is accompanied by a support system for students and staff which includes universal access to coaching and mentoring, significant opportunities for individualised personal, academic and professional development and a culture which emphasises kindness and integrity above all.
We are committed to creating a happy, purposeful and secure environment which provides the opportunity for all to develop and grow; to build confidence and self-belief; and to be enriched and stimulated so that everyone plays an active and positive part of the Rosebery, Epsom and wider communities.
We hope that you will want to come and join this unique school community and encourage you to visit us to see The Rosebery Way in action before making an application to us.
- An exciting opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team in an Ofsted Outstanding School.
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching.
- Classrooms with SMART boards.
- Extensive use of Google Drive to facilitate a sharing of resources.
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools.
- Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work efficiently and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- Access to CareFirst, an advice and information service.
- Onsite parking, canteen and coffee bar.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 41 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Teachers Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Salary Scale: Main Range/Upper Pay Range London (Fringe) + TLR
Working Hours: Full Time, Part Time will be considered
Closing Date for Applications: 9.00amThursday 6th October 2022
Starting Date: January 2023
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place