Are you passionate about the value of PE within the curriculum?
de Stafford School is seeking to appoint an outstanding and motivated Head of PE who is able to lead the department, inspire, and make a significant impact on the outcomes for our students.
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification for more information before applying.
de Stafford School
de Stafford is an 11-16 comprehensive school located in Caterham, Surrey which joined GLF Schools MAT in December 2016. The school has a PAN of 180 students per year group. The school serves predominantly the local Caterham community with the majority of students residing within the CR3 catchment area.
Our Core Values:
Why work at de Stafford School:
- An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of the local community
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Excellent CPD opportunities through our tailored CPD programme
- An opportunity to work collaboratively with leaders across the wider GLF MAT
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
- A successful ECT support programme
- Onsite parking
- Access to CareFirst, an advice and information service
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Start Date: Easter or September 2024
Salary: MPR/UPR Outer London Fringe £31,350 - £47,839 + TLR 2.2 £5,534
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place