We have an exceptional opportunity for a Head of Pinnacle to join our established Team.
As Head of Pinnacle you will operationally lead and manage the resourced provision for students who have language and communication difficulties.
About Meridian High School
Meridian High School is a forward-looking, dynamic Academy, on a journey of sustainable school improvement within GLF Schools. We believe education is about developing the whole person, within the school values of ‘resilience, ambition and respect.’
What we are looking for
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading and developing the SEND provision and will be an exemplary practitioner with a proven record of expertise in special educational needs.
We require someone who:
- Has previous experience or has an exceptional understanding of SEND
- Has SENDCo experience and/or the National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination
- Has an excellent understanding of the SEN code of practice
- Has both an excellent understanding of pupil progress and a willingness to embrace change
- Is open to new approaches to learning and teaching
- Is an excellent team player
- Has had some previous ASD experience and SLCN needs
Why work at Meridian High School
- All teachers have the opportunity to become members of the highly competitive Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal/career development.
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer.
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits Portal
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued Worker Scheme
We will consider all applications included those applicants who are new to role and are willing to complete the SENDCo accreditation.
Hours: Ideally we are looking for a full time candidate however, if you feel very strongly that this could be the role for you, then please apply, noting in your supporting statement your preferred hours
Closing date for applications: 31 August 2022
Start Date: ASAP
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place