This is an excellent opportunity to join our Extended Senior Leadership Team as the Head of Sixth Form.
The Sixth Form is a place of huge potential and we are looking for the successful candidate to be able to deliver a strategy that takes our outcomes from the national average to good and beyond.
As a school, our core purpose is to strive for exceptional learning and your aim will be to further develop the quality of learning and teaching alongside improving outcomes across the Sixth Form.
There are currently 150 students in the Sixth Form and ongoing marketing of our offer is vital in order to continue the increased growth in student numbers that we have seen in recent years. We offer a diverse range of over 30 A-Level and BTEC Level 3 qualifications, with students benefiting from small class sizes that this brings.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You will be expected to be an outstanding teacher in your own right and be able to drive standards of teaching across the Sixth Form, as well as to have the pastoral skills to successfully guide our students through the Sixth Form and onto their next steps.
● You will need to be an outstanding classroom practitioner
● Have a proven track record of delivering outcomes as a classroom teacher and subject/faculty leader
● Have a strong understanding of processes and procedures of a Sixth Form
● Have excellent communication and leadership skills
● Work as part of a team leading learning and teaching
● Deliver whole school CPD
● Provide support to colleagues as part of our successful coaching programme
WHY CHOOSE US
Based in Banstead, Surrey, The Beacon School is rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted and is part of the thriving GLF Schools Multi-Academy Trust. Our core purpose is to strive for exceptional learning, as learning & teaching is at the heart of everything we do. We proudly serve our local community, attracting students from a wide range of backgrounds and we were, once again, heavily oversubscribed at Year 7 for September 2020.
WHY WORK AT THE BEACON SCHOOL
You will have the opportunity to gain significant whole school experience within your role as a member of the Extended Senior Leadership team.
As a colleague:
● You will join an exceptionally warm and welcoming staff
● Teach students who want to learn
● Gain valuable leadership experience to prepare for Senior Leadership in the near future
● Be part of a Sixth Form where we make a significant investment in the provision
● You will have access to an excellent programme of CPD
● There is the opportunity to deliver CPD in the Faculty and across the whole school
● Have the opportunity to be coached or become a coach
● You will be able to collaborate and develop your career alongside other colleagues from across the 41 GLF Schools within its Multi-Academy Trust
● Receive a laptop and the use of IRIS technology to help you shape your teaching
● There is a large range of extra-curricular activities and visits to be involved with
● There is a very strong and supportive staff body with a number of staff social events
● We are conveniently located with excellent road links and just 40-minutes by train from London Victoria.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Headteacher, Mr Keith Batchelor
Suitable for: MPS/UPS/Leadership (fringe)
Salary: Leadership L6 to L10 (up to £52,445)
Contract: Full-time and permanent
Closing date: midday on Wednesday 21st October 2020
Start date: January 2021
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.