Dates: Closing date for applications – 12.00 noon Tuesday 18 May 2021. The interview process will take place on Tuesday 25 May 2021 (to be held in school and/or via Microsoft Teams)
Salary: L14-L21 (£59,302-£69,509)
Size: Group 2 NOR 216
Contract: Full time, start academic year 2021/22
Status: Ofsted- Requires Improvement 2019
We are a village primary school which is at the heart of our local community and strives to give every child the best experience we can and to empower them to fulfil their potential. Pupils learn, grow and develop in a happy and nurturing environment supported by an experienced and committed staff team.
Ofsted – “Pupils have excellent attitudes to their work and enjoy coming to the school… Pupils learn how to develop resilience. When they are confronted by a problem, they try to work it out for themselves or with their friends...
We are looking for a dedicated, visionary and approachable professional who will lead our school to become good and then outstanding.
• Enthusiastic, hard- working and well-behaved children
• A supportive staff team
• A school packed with potential in terms of its grounds, its location, its staff and its pupils
• A committed Governing Body who will wholeheartedly support you, your professional development and your wellbeing
• An active Parents and Friends organisation who contribute positively to the school community
Our new head teacher will have:
• The dedication to achieve the best outcomes for all pupils
• A clear vision for continuous improvement throughout the school
• Excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
• The courage to lead, challenge and innovate
• The ability to build on strong links with parents and the local community
Governors warmly encourage prospective applicants to visit the school by prior arrangement by telephoning Mr Nick Watkins, School Business Manager on our main telephone number. (Covid - 19 pandemic restrictions permitting).
The Dawnay School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.