We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic HLTA to join our hard working and dedicated staff team.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and qualified HLTA to join Southgate Primary School. The successful candidate will be a talented and professional individual who shares our vision of high aspirations, achievement and a passion for learning. They will be prepared to work hard and respond positively to the challenges of day to day school life. They will cover classes throughout the school allowing teachers to be released for PPA and subject leadership time.
About Southgate Primary School
Southgate Primary School is an improving school situated in the heart of the Crawley Community. At Southgate Primary School we want every child to succeed and we give them opportunities and experiences which opens their eyes to the possibilities ahead of them and provides the skills and knowledge to help them reach their full potential.
What we are looking for
- Be dynamic, enthusiastic and motivated
- Be able to develop positive relationships with young children
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
- Plan, prepare and teach a range of motivating and engaging lessons with support from the class teachers and leadership team
- In conjunction with the class teacher, and under direction of the leadership team, ensure that the progress of children is monitored and tracked
- Provide regular feedback to class teachers
- Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
The successful candidate must have a recognised Level 4 HLTA qualification. It does not need to be the HLTA qualification delivered by GLF but does need to be a recognised level 4 HLTA qualification – i.e. a HLTA qualification accredited by the HLTA National Assessment Partnership.
Why work at Southgate Primary School
- Committed to making a difference to children's lives by supporting the work in our improving school
- An opportunity to develop your skills and be part of a team committed to supporting the school
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- The opportunity to work in an expanding and developing Educational Trust, GLF.
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued Worker Scheme
Hours: This role is term time only (39 weeks) 36.25 hours per week, 8.15am-3.45pm plus attendance at staff meeting on Wednesday's until 5pm.
Salary: GLF Specialist, FTE range £22,500 - £31,000
Actual Pro-rata Salary: £19,491
Closing date for applications: 22nd July 2021
Interview Date: TBC
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.