Be part of our creative and passionate team as we plan the next step on our journey, and Grow, Learn and Flourish within GLF Schools.
We are looking for an inspirational Class Teacher to join our school to provide the best education for our children by ensuring they are supported, engaged and inspired in their learning. As part of our energetic and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success while maintaining a healthy learning environment for all children within the school.
Southgate Primary School is an improving school situated in the heart of the Crawley community. You will join a genuinely caring and supportive team who want every child to succeed. Our pupils are given opportunities and experiences which opens their eyes to the possibilities ahead of them and are provided with the skills and knowledge to help them reach their full potential.
What we are looking for
• A Class Teacher with a passion for teaching at primary level
• Committed to ensuring that all children achieve their very best
• Willing and committed to developing and sharing outstanding teaching practice
• Able to work in partnership with children, parents, staff, governors and the wider community
• Able to challenge children to achieve beyond their expectations
• Able to provide stimulating and engaging experiences for our children and support them in becoming lifelong learners
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification for more information and before applying
About Southgate Primary School
Our School sits within a newly established cluster of schools, overseen by a Regional Director. Along with Southgate Primary School, our cluster includes the following other schools; Forge Wood Primary School, Kilnwood Vale Primary School, Greenway Junior School, Salfords Primary School, Lime Tree Primary School, Merstham Primary School.
This is an exciting opportunity to work collaboratively with colleagues across this cluster, to share expertise and experience, ensuring all children in our schools receive an excellent education and reach their potential. It also provides opportunities for career progression across the cluster and gives you the chance to further your professional development.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
● Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 17,000 pupils
● Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
● 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
● We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
● Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
● Access to our highly competitive Teachers Pension Scheme
● Flexible working options
● Generous holiday allowance
● Work life and family friendly policies
● Employee wellbeing initiatives
● Access to a staff benefits portal
● Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Start Date: September 2023
Pay Scale: GLF Main Pay Range
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Closing Date: 25/05/23
Interview date: 26/05/23
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place