Are you an experienced Teacher looking to work in a vibrant and thriving school?
Hammond School are looking to appoint and inspiring and talented teacher for September 2021 to work within a well-established, caring and friendly team. You will be helping to shape the development and growth of the children at Hammond School and work closely with out existing team to help develop the curriculum.
About Hammond School
Rated as Good by OFSTED, Hammond School is a 3 form entry junior school serving the community of Lightwater and the surrounding villages. Hammond School is also part of the Federation of Lightwater Schools, being partnered with the adjacent infant school, and is an academy within the GLF Schools Academy Trust. Through GLF, we have the benefit of sharing outstanding resources and practice within a number of different schools. We pride ourselves on the passion and dedication of our friendly staff and our wonderful pupils.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of and a passion for teaching within a primary setting
- Is passionate about children's learning and understands how children learn best
- Is able to develop positive relationships with young children
- Is enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
- Is a confident and clear communicator with parents
- Is a great team player with a positive outlook
Why work at Hammond School?
- An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of the local community
- A well supported and vibrant learning environment with an emphasis on high levels of achievement
- High expectations, yet caring ethos which focuses on the development of the whole child
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
- Excellent staff CPD opportunities
Salary: Main Scale
Hours of work: Full time: Monday-Friday
Closing date for applications: Friday 14th May 2021
Interview date: Friday 21st May 2021
We would encourage potential applicants to have an informal conversation with a member of SLT about the school and the position. You are very welcome to contact the school office to arrage a suitable time.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.