Learning and Teaching make the difference and we are seeking to employ an excellent, aspirational and ambitious KS2 Teacher. We would love to hear from you if you:
- have the vision and skills to challenge and inspire children
- strive for the best possible outcome for all learners
- work in partnership with schools and the local community
- enable the sharing of best practice, growth, development and opportunity for all
Our aim is to deliver inspirational learning and support children to achieve their potential and raise their expectations. Your aim is to ensure that your work is of the highest standard allowing children and young people to have a sense of challenge, enjoyment and passion for learning. Can you help us reach our goal of outstanding learning and teaching?
About Cordwalles Junior School
Led by an executive leadership team, Cordwalles offers an exceptional provision for children between 7–11 years. The executive team work across three schools locally and see themselves as a family of schools in the community, striving to be the best that we can for the children and families in our community, knowing that together, we are stronger. Our core purpose each day is to secure the highest standards of education for our pupils and to ensure that they receive the preparation they need for their futures.
Relationships between our staff and pupils at Cordwalles are excellent, characterised by mutual respect and high expectations of every one in our community. Our ethos is underpinned by strong values: RESPECT – ENDEAVOUR - SUCCEED. The school offers a vibrant, rich curriculum for all, regardless of need and background, and we work hard to meet the needs of each pupil. We are proud that Ofsted recognised that all our schools are ‘Good’. We pride ourselves on knowing each child and each family well in order to personalise provision and build positive relationships.
We work closely with the Trust within the Teaching School, supporting Teacher Training, School-to-School support with SLE and LLE brokering and leading CPD across schools. We benefit from sharing outstanding resources, CPD and practise across a wide range of GLF schools.
What we are looking for
- recent outstanding teaching experience across Key Stage 2
- a commitment to excellence and the maximising of academic and personal achievement for all children
- proven experience of leading a subject/s and of driving change
- ability to model positive attitudes and values, and uphold our school ethos with all stakeholders
Why work at Cordwalles Junior School
- the opportunity to join a small and friendly team where you can make a real difference to our children.
- a varied and interesting role where your contribution will be highly valued.
- supportive colleagues and senior leaders. Access to excellent training and career progression opportunities through our partnership with GLF schools.
- a location with good road and public transport links.
- Excellent CPD opportunities
Thrive in a Career at GLF
GLF Schools is a dynamic, innovative and forward thinking Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued worker scheme
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary range: GLF Main Pay Scale
Closing Date: 4th February 2022
Interview Date: w/c 7th February 2022
We positively encourage, socially distanced, informal visits. At present, these can only be scheduled for outside of school hours and facial coverings would be required. To arrange an appointment, please call us on 01276 23298. We look forward to showing you around our school.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place