Part-time Learning Support Assistant
Are you an enthusiastic and motivated individual, looking for a Learning Support Assistant position in a friendly, high achieving primary school?
Cuddington Croft Primary School is looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant, who, with guidance from the Class Teacher, will be responsible for the support, learning and development of our children.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated individual who is passionate about supporting the development of children in our school. The successful candidate will assist the Class Teacher in the delivery of learning activities, be responsible for the care of children, help with the day to day running of school activities and help to supervise behaviour at break and lunch times.
We are interested in hearing from all candidates, no matter what point in your career you are currently at. Experience is preferred but not essential as training will be provided. This role would be ideal for someone looking for a career change and working hours which fit in with family life, or for someone looking to begin a career in education or childcare as it will offer you a broad range of hands- on experience and the perfect entry point into the profession.
About Cuddington Croft Primary School:
Cuddington Croft is a two-form entry primary school, located at Cheam, Surrey, with just under 500 children aged 3 - 11. Children at Cuddington Croft thrive in a caring and nurturing environment, are happy at school and enjoy learning. We promote lifelong learning through an enriched curriculum and are proud of our pupils’ exemplary behaviour and SATs results. We are a learning community, where staff are of the highest calibre and parents are encouraged to be active in school life. As part of the GLF Academy with 40 schools across 5 regions, our staff have a wealth of opportunities for career development and growth.
What we are looking for:
- A hard working, flexible and creative individual who is confident to support with preparing the classroom, maintaining learning resources, and helping children access the curriculum.
- Ability to supervise children and manage behaviour to ensure that playtimes and lunchtimes run smoothly.
- Confidence to lead and support class, group and individual activities, indoors and outdoors.
- Ability to monitor children’s progress, assessing achievement, recording results and observations and sharing outcomes with the class teacher.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to working as part of a team.
- Genuine passion about and commitment to supporting children's learning and welfare.
We can offer you:
- A warm, welcoming environment where the focus is on developing and nurturing a lifelong love of learning.
- An exciting opportunity to assist in the educational progression of young children.
- A friendly and supportive team environment and an opportunity to grow and progress.
- Exceptional CPD opportunities through our tailored CPD programme.
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract type: Permanent
Working hours: 8:45am – 1:15pm, Mon – Fri, Term-time including INSET, 22.5hrs/wk, 38.6wks/yr
FTE Pay range: Associate 2 £18,000 - £21,100 FTE
Pro rata Pay range: £9,579.04 - £11,228.77
Closing date: Friday 23rd September
Interviews: Wednesday 28th September
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place