We have a fantastic opportunities for LA's to join our friendly and welcoming schools.
Are you an experienced Learning Assistant or ambitious to pursue a career in education?
Are you looking for a supportive and engaging working environment, one in which you will be valued and developed?
At the GLF Banbury Cluster of Schools (William Morris, Longford Park, Hardwick and Cherry Fields) you will find all of these things and you will be supported by a leadership team judged Outstanding by OFSTED.
GLF Schools is looking for Learning Assistants able to work across our primary schools in Banbury; our Outstanding school William Morris, Hardwick, and possibly the brand new Cherry Fields School, and recently opened Longford Park.
We are particularly interested in hearing from Learning Assistants with experience in SEND who have the flexibility to work in class and support pupils on a one to one basis.
Our Learning Assistants really are valued members of our team, and are expected to support the education and progress of an assigned child who needs additional support with their learning. This role is a full time, term time only position.
About the Banbury Cluster
Consisting of four schools, the Banbury cluster has a collaborative approach towards working; this means the schools can work closely together to provide an outstanding educational experience to the local communities.
The schools benefit from being able to share resources and support each other where needed. It will also allow for more opportunities for career progression across the cluster and give you the chance to enhance your professional development.
Hardwick is a fantastic, established one form entry primary school and William Morris is an outstanding, one form entry primary school. Longford Park (Nursery to Year 3) and Cherry Fields (Nursery to Reception) are exciting, new build schools.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have the skills to:
• Complement the work of the teaching staff in the classroom by contributing to a range of teaching and learning activities with a child on a one to one or small group basis.
• Assist with planning, preparation and development of work programmes for an individual and prepare resources to support learning activities.
• Monitor and evaluate the child’s progress and report on this to the class teacher.
• Be familiar with the intervention programmes (IEP, PSP, Risk Assessments) or Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) of the individual and to use this knowledge to inform support of the child.
• Maintain records of intervention: completion of daily log book, upkeep of a personal folder of pupil need, records of 1:1; and to make these available for inspection upon request by the SENDco or other another senior member of staff.
• Work collaboratively as part of a team to ensure that the well-being, social and personal development of the assigned child enhances learning opportunities and life skills.
• Deliver specified work and nurture interventions to the assigned pupil as determined by the SENDCo.
• Develop and uses specialist skills, in for example, literacy, numeracy or science, to contribute to student learning.
• Maintain confidentiality in and outside the workplace.
• Understand and assist in interpreting school policies.
• Promote high standards of behaviour and a good working ethos.
• Develop effective working relationships within the school.
• Contribute to the well-being of children according to our policy.
• Participate in our cycle of professional development
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly policies
• Flexible Working
• Staff Wellbeing
• Career Pathways and Talent Management
• Staff Benefits
• Community and Collaboration
• Valued Worker Scheme
• School: Banbury Cluster
• Start Date: ASAP
• FTE Salary: £17,322 - £20,523
• Pro-rata (actual) Salary: £13,330 - £15,794
• Hours: 8:15am-3:15pm (32.5 hours/week), 39 weeks per year (term time +1)
• Contract: Permanent
• Job Expires: Tuesday 11th May 2021 9am
• Interviews: Date TBC with shortlisted candidates - conducted virtually