We are looking for Learning Assistants to join our friendly and welcoming school. You could be supporting a child on a 1:1 basis, or a class teacher as a generalist TA, so a can do approach and flexibility are attributes we are looking for.
Ideally you will be an experienced Learning Assistant with knowledge of SEND and supporting pupils with additional needs, but whatever your level of experience please use the supporting statement on the application form to show us how you match the skills we need and what you can bring to the role.
At the GLF Banbury Cluster of Schools (William Morris, Longford Park, Hardwick and Cherry Fields) you will find all of these things and you will be supported by a leadership team judged Outstanding by OFSTED.
GLF Schools are looking for a Learning Assistant to work at William Morris Primary School.
Our Learning Assistants really are valued members of our team and are expected to support the education and progress of either an assigned child who needs additional support with their learning, or in a more generalist role within a classroom.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing, diverse and welcoming primary school. Our schools have a passion for and, understanding of, what effective learning is and we help to inspire our pupils to be the best they can be. In return for your hard work we can offer excellent CPD opportunities and the support of a strong collaborative team.
Please read the application pack, which includes the job description and person specification carefully to ensure your personal application statement demonstrates how your skills match what we are looking for.
About the Banbury Cluster
Consisting of four schools, the Banbury cluster has a collaborative approach towards working; this means the schools can work closely together to provide an outstanding educational experience to the local communities.
The schools benefit from being able to share resources and support each other where needed. It will also allow for more opportunities for career progression across the cluster and give you the chance to enhance your professional development.
William Morris is an outstanding, one form entry primary school, Hardwick is an established one form entry primary school and Longford Park (Nursery to Year 4) and Cherry Fields (Nursery to Year 1) are exciting, new build schools.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a candidate who will:
• Be enthusiastic and committed to work well as part of a team, as well as being self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Be committed to developing and sharing outstanding practice across GLF Schools.
• Have the ability to enthuse and engage students in purposeful learning experiences
• Be dedicated to ensuring that all children achieve their very best.
• Be passionate about the children's learning and welfare.
• Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour.
• Develop effective working relationships with parents/carers, staff, external professionals and the wider community.
• Be committed to personal career progression and enhancement.
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work life and family friendly policies
• Flexible Working
• Staff Wellbeing
• Career Pathways and Talent Management
• Staff Benefits include recognition of previous school service, local government pension scheme and wide wallet discounts.
• Community and Collaboration across the schools
• Annual salary progression*
• School: William Morris School within the Banbury Cluster
• Start Date: as soon as possible
• FTE Salary range: £18,000 - £21,100
• Pro-rata (actual) Starting Salary: £13,979 - £16,387 depending on experience
• Hours: 8:15am-3:15pm (32.5 hours/week), 39 weeks per year (term time +1)
• Contract: Permanent & Temporary Roles Available
• Job Expires: Friday 10th December 2021 9am
• Interviews: TBC with shortlisted candidates
*subject to meeting eligibility criteria
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.