An exciting opportunity to join us as a Learning Support Assistant on a temporary / 1 year fixed term basis in our Ofsted rated "Outstanding" School
- Have you got the drive, desire and dedication to make a difference to our children?
- Do you relish the chance to be part of a driven, creative and supportive team?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and caring temporary Learning Support Assistant to play a key role in supporting children. Our school has a passion and understanding of what effective learning is and we help to inspire our pupils to be the best they can be. In return for your hard work we can offer excellent CPD opportunities and the support of a strong collaborative team.
Danetree is a four form entry, Ofsted rated 'OUTSTANDING' School set in fantastic grounds in West Ewell, Epsom. Our forward thinking approach and dedicated staff aim to provide the best education for our children, bringing learning to life through our innovative thematic curriculum.
What we are looking for
• A Learning Support Assistant with experience in supporting children
• Able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of children
• Able to develop positive relationships with young children
• Able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
• Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
• Confident and clear communicator with parents
• Flexible with regard to classroom work
Why work at Danetree Primary School
We can offer you:
• The support of GLF schools and the opportunity to be part of an inspirational, growing and dynamic organisation
• Exceptional professional development opportunities through a tailored CPD programme
• An exciting opportunity to work within a growing school, shaping the future and strategic direction
• Confident, enthusiastic and well behaved children who enjoy learning
• A commitment to providing children with high quality learning opportunities
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
• Career Opportunities
Salary: Associate 2 FTE £18,000 per annum. Salary to be pro-rata to take into account working hours (based over 39 working weeks - term time plus INSETS)
Hours of Work: Full and part time roles available
Interview Date: TBC
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.