An exciting opportunity to join us as a Learning Support Assistant on a fixed term basis in our Ofsted rated "Outstanding" School
- Have you got the drive, desire and dedication to make a difference to our children?
- Do you relish the chance to be part of a driven, creative and supportive team?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and caring Learning Support Assistant to play a key role in supporting children. Our school has a passion and understanding of what effective learning is and we help to inspire our pupils to be the best they can be. In return for your hard work we can offer excellent CPD opportunities and the support of a strong collaborative team.
What we are looking for
- A Learning Support Assistant with experience in supporting children
- Able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of children
- Able to develop positive relationships with young children
- Able to stay calm and objective when presented with challenging behaviour
- Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
- Confident and clear communicator with parents
- Flexible with regard to classroom work
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification for more information before applying.
About Danetree Primary School
Danetree is a four-form entry, Ofsted rated 'OUTSTANDING' School set in fantastic grounds in West Ewell, Epsom. Our forward-thinking approach and dedicated staff aim to provide the best education for our children, bringing learning to life through our innovative thematic curriculum.
As an academy within GLF Schools, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources, and support in every aspect of school life from learning and teaching to staffing and educational expertise.
We can offer you:
• The support of GLF schools and the opportunity to be part of an inspirational, growing, and dynamic organisation
• Exceptional professional development opportunities through a tailored CPD programme
• An exciting opportunity to work within a growing school, shaping the future and strategic direction
• Confident, enthusiastic, and well-behaved children who enjoy learning
• A commitment to providing children with high quality learning opportunities
Our School sits within a newly established cluster of Primary schools, overseen by a Regional Director. This is an exciting opportunity to work collaboratively with colleagues across this cluster, to share expertise and experience, ensuring all children in our schools receive an excellent education and reach their potential. It also provides opportunities for career progression across the cluster and gives you the chance to further your professional development.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
• Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
• Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
• 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
• We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
• Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
• Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
• Flexible working options
• Generous holiday allowance
• Work life and family friendly policies
• Employee wellbeing initiatives
• Career pathways and talent management
• Access to a staff benefits portal
• Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Salary: FTE £19,627 per annum. Pro rata Salary dependent on hours worked. Fixed Term Contract for one year.
Grade: Associate 2 Pay Scale
Hours of work: to be discussed, over 39 working weeks (term time plus insets). Please indicate on your application what hours and working days you are interested in working.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place