Learning Support Assistant
Merstham Primary School is looking to appoint a Learning Assistant, with experience in EYFS, who will play a key role in individual, small group and classroom support
The successful individual will support the Class Teacher in the teaching and welfare of the children, ensuring they attain the targets set. You will also support the school led by the Headteacher, promoting the well-being of staff and children in the school. We believe in lifelong learning and would be interested to hear from candidates who have EYFS experience.
About Merstham Primary School
At Merstham Primary School, we want children to be confident lifelong learners. We set high expectations academically and socially and provide a nurturing environment to develop a caring attitude.
Therefore, we want our school to be a place where:
- everyone feels safe, cared for and included;
- all children are given the skills and opportunities to be independent and collaborative learners in a happy, structured, stimulating environment;
- expectations are high, both collectively and individually;
- all children are equipped with the knowledge and skills to choose a healthy, active lifestyle;
- teachers provide school days that excite, challenge and motivate each child;
our 6 rules are simple, fair, understood and consistent;
everyone is valued and respected regardless of gender, race, age, religion or ability;
goals and targets are clearly defined and explained and achievements are celebrated;
we prepare all our children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life and equip them to achieve the highest standards possible in everything they do.
What we are looking for
- Have EYFS experience
- Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
- Be a confident and clear communicator with parents.
- Assist in preparing the classroom, receiving children and clearing away
- Assist in planning activities and preparing materials to help the children
- Support the children in class, group and individual activities, indoors and outdoors.
- Assist in assessing achievement and recording results and observations, sharing outcomes with the class teacher
Why work at Merstham Primary School
- An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service.
- Excellent CPD opportunities
Salary: Associate 2 Point 1 £17,900
Pro Rata: £13,545
Hours of work: 32.5 hours per week, 8:15am – 3:15pm Monday – Friday (with unpaid breaks), 38 weeks per year (term time)
Closing date for applications – 22nd April 2021
Interview date – 27th April 2021
We positively encourage informal visits and would normally look forward to showing you around our school. However, with current COVID-19 requirements we will not be able to offer this. To discuss prior to applying any further queries we are happy to hear from you, please contact the school directly.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.