This is a new fixed term contract opportunity for someone to join our team. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about pupil welfare and have the ability to support the early years of childrens learning journey.
The successful candidates will work across the early years teams wehere you must be prepared to support in class and within smaller focus group sessions, working with the class teacher to ensure provision meets the needs of the children.
About Warren Mead Infant and Junior Partnership:
- Warren Mead caters for children aged 3-11 years of age, our school Nursery provision on site dedicated to our children from 3 -4 years of age.
- Warren Mead has a highly passionate and dedicated team of staff who strive to provide the best education for all our children. We pride ourselves on;
- having high aspirations of all our children,
- growing considerate young people,
- teaching children how to be resilient in the world in which we live,
- giving the children plenty of opportunities to be proud of themselves and their peers
- Warren Mead Infant and Junior School have historically been separate schools however in more recent years, we have embarked on an exciting new journey for the school where the leadership team lead the two schools as one, serving the same community. Although working out of two buildings, the schools now have a united vision, a joint set of values and a cohesive, progressive curriculum which starts in Nursery and progresses through to Year 6.
What we are looking for:
You will be:
- Educated with grade A to C in GCSE Maths and English.
- Able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare, personal and social needs of the children that you are supporting.
- Able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
- Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team, including working closely with parents.
- Able to relate exceptionally well with children and to go that extra mile to help them achieve.
- Experienced in working with young children
- Experienced in how to observe and assess progression and attainment.
Why work at Warren Mead Infant and Junior Partnership:
- An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community.
- A warm, welcoming environment where the focus is on developing and nurturing a lifelong love of learning.
- An opportunity to work as part of a highly motivated, engaged and supportive team.
Start date: ASAP (Fixed Term Contract period initially until 30th August 2023)
Hours of work: Term time including INSET (Monday to Friday 8.30am - 3.15pm) 31.25 hours per week
Salary: FTE £18,000 - £21,100,
Pro Rata: £13,442- £15,757
Pay Scale: GLF Associate 2
Closing date for applications: 7th December 2022
Interview date: TBA
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place