Are you keen to support the growth and development of our school journey? As we develop the curriculum to meet the needs of our new ‘Challenge- Learn- Achieve’ culture, we need strong Learning Support Assistants. We are also looking for a Learning Support Assistant to support at an alternative provision.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support Language and Literacy at Meridian High School, as well as an additional Learning Support Assistant to assist at an Alternative Provision.
About Meridian High School
Meridian High School is a forward-looking, dynamic Academy, on a journey of rapid improvement within GLF Schools. We believe education is about developing the whole person, helping learners to understand the many different branches of human knowledge, challenging them to think critically and encouraging a desire for truth and curiosity in life. We further believe that ‘resilience, ambition and respect’ are vital educational tools.
What we are looking for
• GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
• Previous administration or childcare experience.
• a proven ability to work on their own initiative.
• a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
• the ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
• a can-do attitude.
• a commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
• SEN/ ASD experience or a recent graduate looking to develop a career in SEN.
Why work at Meridian High School
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
• Good opportunities for personal and career development.
• Pension Scheme.
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 17,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
Our Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive pension scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Salary: Associate 2 £18,000
Pro Rata: £13,979
Hours of work: 32.5 hours per week over 39 weeks of the year
Closing date for applications : 9 December 2022
Interview date: TBC
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place