We are seeking to appoint a creative, energetic and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to join our hard working and dedicated staff team.
An opportunity has arisen for a Learning Assistant to join our team with immediate effect. The successful candidate will support the Class Teacher in accessing an engaging curriculum. They will be a talented and professional individual who shares our vision of high aspirations, achievement and a passion for learning. They will be prepared to work hard and respond positively to the challenges of day to day school life and be a strong team player.
About Hillcroft Primary School
Hillcroft is a happy, vibrant and forward thinking school, our excellent staff team are committed and dedicated in ensuring that each and every child is nurtured to achieve their personal best. We have high standards and expect the best. As part of the Chalklands Cluster, comprising of four GLF schools within the area, we have a collaborative approach towards working which means the schools work closely together to provide an exceptional educational experience to the local communities. The schools benefit from being able to share resources and support each other where needed. It will also allow for more opportunities for career progression across the cluster and give you the chance to enhance your professional development.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate should:
• Be dynamic, enthusiastic and motivated
• Be able to develop positive relationships with young children
• Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
• Have experience of working with children with ASD
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
• Be a confident and clear communicator with parents
• Have GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above
Why work at Hillcroft Primary School
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Part of the GLF Chalklands cluster (including Hillcroft Primary, Warlingham Primary, Marden Lodge Primary, Whyteleafe Primary and Chestnut Park), encouraging a collaborative approach to working Part of the Chalklands
• Excellent CPD opportunities
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
● Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
● Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
● 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
● We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
● Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
● Access to our highly competitive pension scheme
● Flexible working options
● Generous holiday allowance
● Work life and family friendly policies
● Employee wellbeing initiatives
● Career pathways and talent management
● Access to a staff benefits portal
● Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Hours: 30 hours per week, 39 weeks of the year (term time plus 1 week)
Salary: Associate 2 £18000 (FTE)
Pro Rata: £12904.41
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2022
Interview date: TBA
If you would like to arrange an appointment for a school, please contact the school office.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place