We are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant, to join our hardworking and dedicated staff team. As a Learning Support Assistant no day is ever the same, you will work with whole classes, small intervention groups and on a one-to-one basis to support our children to access the curriculum and receive excellent educational opportunities. We are looking for an adaptable, flexible, and resourceful individual who shares the same passion for learning as the school team and strives to seek excellence in every day.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone to;
- be dynamic, enthusiastic and motivated
- be able to develop positive relationships with young children
- be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
- be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team, including working closely with outside agencies
- relate exceptionally well with children and to go that extra mile to help them achieve
- be a confident and clear communicator with parents
About Frogmore Junior School
Our School sits within a newly established cluster of Primary schools, overseen by a Regional Director. Along with Frogmore Junior School , our cluster includes the following other schools; Windmill Primary School, Wheatfield Primary School and Floreat Montague Park.
This is an exciting opportunity to work collaboratively with colleagues across this cluster, to share expertise and experience, ensuring all children in our schools receive an excellent education and reach their potential. It also provides opportunities for career progression across the cluster and gives you the chance to further your professional development.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 17,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £20,809 - £23,582 FTE
Actual Salary: £16,161.40 - £18,315.06
Hours of work: 32.5 hours per week
Closing Date: Sunday 8th October 2023
Interview date: w/c 9th October 2023
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place