Kilnwood Vale Primary School based in Horsham is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and flexible lunchtime assistant for a term-time permanent position. The successful candidate will be a friendly and reliable team member with an interest in working with children in our growing school. The role is varied and encompasses supporting all children (Nursery to KS2) during their lunch time, both in the dining room and at play.
About Kilnwood Vale Primary School
We are a new two form entry primary school which opened its doors to reception and nursery children for the first time in September 2019. Each year the school will increase its age range, adding an additional year group until it is an all through primary school in 2026.
We are proud of our school and the amazing facilities, inside and outside the classroom that will allow us to deliver our exciting and enriching curriculum.
We are happy to be a Free School within GLF Schools Multi Academy Trust, which sees us benefit from sharing outstanding resources, facilities and support from local primary and secondary schools since October 2010. We also believe in working closely with the local community to ensure school is a place where 'children grow, learn and flourish'.
What we are looking for
The right candidate will have:
- a proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- a keen eye for detail
- knowledge of kitchen health and safety
- a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- an alignment to a can-do culture.
- a commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
At Kilnwood Vale you will have:
- The opportunity to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast-growing community with excellent transport links
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
- Excellent CPD opportunities
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Hours: 7.5 per week. Monday - Friday, 12.00 - 1.30pm, term time only (39 weeks including INSET days)
Salary: Associate 1, FTE £19,233
Pro-Rata'd Actual Salary: £3,447.09
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: TBC
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place