Southgate Primary School based in Crawley is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and flexible lunchtime assistant for a term-time permanent position. The successful candidate will be a friendly and reliable team member with an interest in working with children in our growing school. The role is varied and encompasses supporting all children (Reception to KS2) during their lunch time, both in the dining room and at play.
About Southgate Primary School
Southgate Primary School is an improving school situated in the heart of the Crawley Community. You will join a genuinely caring and supportive team who want every child to succeed. Our pupils are given opportunities and experiences which opens their eyes to the possibilities ahead of them and are provided with the skills and knowledge to help them reach their full potential.
What we are looking for:
The right candidate will have:
- a proven ability to work on their own initiative
- a keen eye for detail
- Knowledge of kitchen health and safety
- a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults
- an alignment to a can-do culture.
- a commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
At Southgate Primary School you will have:
- The opportunity to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast-growing community with excellent transport links
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
- Excellent CPD opportunities
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Hours: 7.5 per week. Monday - Friday, 11.45 - 1.15pm, term time only (39 weeks including INSET days)
Salary: Associate 1, FTE £19,559
Pro-Rata'd Actual Salary: £3,505.52
Start Date: ASAP
Interview Date: TBC
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place