Forge Wood Primary School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and flexible lunchtime assistant for a term-time permanent position. The successful candidate will be a friendly and reliable team member with an interest in working with children in our growing school.
What we are looking for
The right candidate will have:
- a proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- a keen eye for detail
- knowledge of kitchen health and safety
- a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- an alignment to a can-do culture.
- a commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
About Forge Wood Primary School
Forge Wood Primary is a newly built school. The amazing and unique design allows for the latest technology and innovation whilst making the most of the natural resources and the local environment. As an academy within GLF Schools, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources, and support in every aspect of school life from learning and teaching to staffing and educational expertise. At Forge Wood Primary School, we believe in working with the local community to ensure school is a place 'where children grow, learn and flourish together'. This ethos is embedded within our vision and values.
Our School sits within a newly established cluster of Primary schools, overseen by a Regional Director. This is an exciting opportunity to work collaboratively with colleagues across this cluster, to share expertise and experience, ensuring all children in our schools receive an excellent education and reach their potential. It also provides opportunities for career progression across the cluster and gives you the chance to further your professional development.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Hours: 7.5 per week. Monday - Friday, 11.45am - 1.15pm, term time only (39 weeks, incl. inset days)
Salary: Associate 1, FTE £19,559
Pro Rated Actual Salary: £3,505
Start Date: ASAP (would consider Sept 2023 start)
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place