We are looking for an enthusiastic lunchtime playleader to join our team at Kilnwood Vale Primary School
Kilnwood Vale Primary School based in Horsham is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and flexible lunchtime assistant for a term-time permanent position. The successful candidate will be a friendly and reliable team member with an interest in working with children in our growing school. The role is varied and encompasses supporting all children (Nursery to KS2) during their lunch time, both in the dining room and at play.
What we are looking for
• Proven Ability to work on own initiative
• Knowledge of kitchen health and safety
• A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults
• Enjoys working as part of a team
• Good communicator with children and adults
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification for more information and before applying.
About Kilnwood Vale Primary School
Our School sits within a newly established cluster of schools, overseen by a Regional Director. Along with Kilnwood Vale our cluster includes the following other schools; Southgate Primary School, Forge Wood Primary School, Greenway Junior School, Salfords Primary School, Lime Tree Primary School, Merstham Primary School
This is an exciting opportunity to work collaboratively with colleagues across this cluster, to share expertise and experience, ensuring all children in our schools receive an excellent education and reach their potential. It also provides opportunities for career progression across the cluster and gives you the chance to further your professional development.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
● Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 17,000 pupils
● Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
● 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
● We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
● Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
● Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
● Flexible working options
● Generous holiday allowance
● Work life and family friendly policies
● Employee wellbeing initiatives
● Access to a staff benefits portal
● Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £20,741 (full time equivalent)
Actual Salary: £3,717
Hours of work: 7.5hrs a week 11.45am - 13.15pm (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri)
39 weeks of the year (inc INSET days)
Closing Date: 21 December 2023
Interview date: TBA
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place