An exciting opportunity has become available for a Lunchtime Play Worker at Windmill Primary School
Windmill Primary School is looking to employ an enthusiastic and flexible Lunchtime Play Worker for a term-time permanent position. The successful candidate will be a friendly and reliable team member with an interest in working with children. You will be responsible for supervising children in the lunch hall and playground, promoting excellent behaviour, organising play activities and administering basic first aid.
About Windmill Primary
Windmill Primary is a one-form entry, in Wokingham, Berkshire. We are located in an exceptionally well-resourced building, purpose built for children aged 4 to 11 years. We pride ourselves in being a small school where all children are known, valued and have their individual needs recognised and met.
We grow and learn together each year and our children are integral to the development of the school, its curriculum and the learning environment.
What we are looking for
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative be flexible, reliable and able to work as part of a team.
- Confidence to work with children.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Why work at Windmill
- A chance to join a group of schools who place high importance on a positive working culture
- An opportunity to help shape and develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast-growing community with excellent transport links
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
- Excellent CPD opportunities
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
Working Hours: 11.45am to 1.15pm, Monday to Friday, 38 weeks per year
Salary: GLF Associate 1 pay scale (£17,833 FTE)
Pro Rata: £9.50 per hour, £3,114 per annum.
Closing date for applications: 30 September 2022
Interview date: 3 October 2022
Start date: ASAP
We positively encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around our school. To arrange an appointment, please call the school offices on 0118-9029123.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place