We are looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Lunchtime Supervisor to join our hardworking team at Cherry Fields Primary School.
The successful individuals will be confident in providing support, and encouraging imaginative safe playtime activities, ensuring children feel safe and cared for. They will supervise children both in the dining area and in play areas to ensure the orderly conduct, welfare and safety of children during school lunch breaks.
This is a great opportunity for a valued member of the local community to help ensure procedures are carried out safely and consistently.
Whether you are looking for a job to fit in with your family commitments, early retirement, or looking for a great part time position, this could be the perfect job for you.
Our Lunchtime Supervisors are valued members of our team and are expected to supervise the lunch hall and playground activities as well as provide basic first aid. The role will also include supervising children eating in the dining hall and playing in the playground.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing, diverse and welcoming primary school. Our schools have a passion for and, understanding of, what effective learning is and we help to inspire our pupils to be the best they can be. In return for your hard work we can offer excellent CPD opportunities and the support of a strong collaborative team.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a candidate who will:
- Be enthusiastic and committed to work well as part of a team, as well as being self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Be committed to developing and sharing outstanding practice across GLF Schools.
- Be dedicated to ensuring that all children achieve their very best.
- Be passionate about the children's learning and welfare.
- Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour.
- Develop effective working relationships with parents/carers, staff, external professionals and the wider community.
About the Banbury Cluster
Consisting of four schools, the Banbury cluster has a collaborative approach towards working; this means the schools can work closely together to provide an outstanding educational experience to the local communities.
The schools benefit from being able to share resources and support each other where needed. It will also allow for more opportunities for career progression across the cluster and give you the chance to enhance your professional development.
Longford Park was graded Outstanding in September 2021 and goes from Nursery to Year 5, William Morris is an Outstanding, one form entry primary school, Hardwick is an established one form entry primary school and Cherry Fields (Nursery to Year 2) is an exciting new build school.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
- GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
• School: Cherry Fields Primary School
• Start Date: ASAP
• FTE Salary: £19,559
• Pro-rata (actual) Starting Salary: £3,416
• Hours: 11:45am-13:15pm Monday - Friday (7.5 hours/week), 38 weeks per year (term time)
• Contract: Permanent
• Job Expires: 4th June 2023
• Interviews: TBC with shortlisted candidates
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place