GLF Schools seeks three Trustees (non-executive directors) with strong commercial business or third sector/charity governance experience to join its board. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Board of one of the largest Multi Academy Trusts in the country and make a real difference to the life chances of over 16,000 children and young people.
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
Trustees - or non-executive directors - are both charity trustees and company directors of the Academy Trust. The core functions of their role are:
- ensuring clarity of vision,
- ethos and strategic direction;
- holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance;
- providing financial oversight of a charitable company funded by the public purse.
The board seeks three business leaders with expertise in;
- Internal scrutiny and/or
- Risk management and/or
- Financial management / oversight and/or
- Corporate/Charity Governance and/or
- Data analysis and/or
- IT/Technology and/or
- Estates/Property management and/or
- Third sector experience
As a key member of the board, you will support the Trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Continual improvement of educational standards of the schools within the Trust
- Developing a collaborative approach to management of the Trust and its assets to ensure optimum efficiency and effectiveness for the benefit of every pupil
- Ensuring financial sustainability of the trust through the development and application of best practice internal scrutiny and risk management
What we are looking for
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment, which typically involves attending around six board meetings per year plus committee meetings/6-8 hours’ time per month. You will be able to claim for travel expenses if needed.
Although this role is voluntary, our Trustees are priceless to us at GLF Schools.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
For more information please see the attached Role Summary or contact our Governance Recruitment Coordinator.
Board meetings are held in Surrey SM7 1AG.
Closing date for applications – 7th July 2021
Interview date – TBC
How to Apply - Please send a CV with a covering letter (detailing why this is the opportunity for you and what you feel you could bring to a Trusteeship) to our Governance Recruitment Coordinator - Kelly Cardoo (email address can be found in the Candidate Pack)
All roles are pro bono.
We would love to hear from you if you are looking to give something back to your community and ultimately support our Trust to deliver the very best outcomes for our children.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.