An exciting opportunity has become available for a Level 3 Nursery Assistant to join our expanding Kilnwood Vale Nursery near Horsham.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and caring Level 3 Nursery Practitioner to join our friendly and supportive nursery team.
You will play a central role in the children’s development and welfare and be a key role in supporting the Nursery Lead.
What we're looking for
- Someone with high expectations who is committed to raising the achievement of all children
- The ability to use a variety of strategies to engage and support children in their learning
- Able to provide stimulating and engaging experiences for our children and support them in becoming lifelong learners
- A collaborative professional with the ability to contribute to provision planning
- An excellent role model to children, colleagues and parents, exemplifying our core principle of kindness
- A positive, open-minded professional actively supportive of the ethos, vision and values of the school
- A member of the team who can build strong relationships with the many stakeholders in a school
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification for more information before applying Vale Primary School
About Kilnwood Primary School and Nursery
Our Nursery opened in September 2019, following increasing demand from existing parents and our local community and offers funded places to children from the age of 2 years old. Our Nursery is open term time, and the Nursery start and finish times support the school day as many of our parents have siblings in both nursery and the main school. We provide a safe and secure setting in which children have access to a vibrant and stimulating indoor and outdoor area. We encourage children to develop their skills and independence through play-based learning. Our primary school opened its doors to reception children for the first time in September 2019. Each year the school will increase its age range, adding an additional year group until it is an all through primary school in 2026. We are proud of our school and the amazing facilities, inside and outside the classroom that will allow us to deliver our exciting and enriching curriculum.
We are happy to be a Free School within GLF Schools Multi Academy Trust, which sees us benefit from sharing outstanding resources, facilities and support from local primary and secondary schools since October 2010. We also believe in working closely with the local community to ensure school is a place where 'children grow, learn and flourish'
Our School sits within a newly established cluster of Primary schools, overseen by a Regional Director. This is an exciting opportunity to work collaboratively with colleagues across this cluster, to share expertise and experience, ensuring all children in our schools receive an excellent education and reach their potential. It also provides opportunities for career progression across the cluster and gives you the chance to further your professional development.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
- GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Hours: 33.5 hours per week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8.30am - 3.30pm
, Wednesday 8.30am - 4.30pm,
Term Time: 39 weeks per year (including INSET days).
Salary: GLF Associate 2, point 1. FTE £19,627. Actual Salary, £15,712
Start Date: September 2023
Applications Close: Monday 12th June 2023
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place