Cherry Fields Primary School are seeking to appoint a Nursery Leader who will be responsible for the academic and emotional development and attainment of our youngest enthusiastic and engaged children.
We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate person with a minimum level 6 qualification or equivalent, who has experience of teaching in early years. The successful candidate will be prepared to work hard and respond positively to the challenges of day to day school life and will be committed to supporting children to achieve the very best they can through an engaging, creative curriculum.
Our Nursery Leaders really are valued members of our team and are expected to support the education and progress of all the children attending our nursery.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing, diverse and welcoming primary school. Our schools have a passion for and, understanding of, what effective learning is and we help to inspire our pupils to be the best they can be. In return for your hard work we can offer excellent CPD opportunities and the support of a strong collaborative team.
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification carefully to ensure your personal application statement demonstrates how your skills match what we are looking for.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a candidate who will be:
- An outstanding early years practitioner.
- Committed to high standards of teaching and learning.
- Excellent communication skills, with proven experience liaising with parents and carers.
- Innovative and inspirational.
- Enthusiastic and committed to a strong belief in teamwork.
- Able challenge and motivate children.
- Committed to working with parents and the wider community.
- Passionate about the children's learning, progression and welfare.
About the Banbury Cluster
Consisting of four schools, the Banbury cluster has a collaborative approach towards working; this means the schools can work closely together to provide an outstanding educational experience to the local communities.
The schools benefit from being able to share resources and support each other where needed. It will also allow for more opportunities for career progression across the cluster and give you the chance to enhance your professional development.
Longford Park was graded Outstanding in September 2021 and goes from Nursery to Year 4, William Morris is an Outstanding, one form entry primary school, Hardwick is an established one form entry primary school and Cherry Fields (Nursery to Year 1) is an exciting new build school.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 41 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 41 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme or Teachers Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
School: Cherry Fields Primary School ( Part of the Banbury Cluster of Schools)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: GUNQ1 - GUNQ6 £18,419 - £28,735 Dependant upon experience
Contract: Full time - Permanent
Job Expires: Sunday 22nd May 2022
Interviews: TBC with shortlisted candidates
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place