Are you ambitious and innovative? Do you have the passion and skills to be part of our school office team?
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive administrator to cover maternity leave, to work as part of our administration team in our busy office environment. This varied role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to learn all aspects within the department. The successful candidate will have experience or training within an administrative role and should have excellent communication and organisational skills. It is important that you have a warm, caring and professional manner at all times, as you will be dealing face to face with parents and carers on a daily basis. As a busy school, this opportunity provides the potential to grow and develop new skills. The Office Administrator will work closely with the the Office Team and Office Manager to ensure the smooth running of all administrative roles within the school.
About Chestnut Park Primary School As a recently built school, Chestnut Park benefits from state of the art technology within a modern, purpose built environment. We are also proud of our recent Ofsted inspection (June 2018) in which we were awarded 'Outstanding' in all areas.
Ofsted found ' Pupils’ behaviour in class and around school is exemplary. They are polite and well-mannered and demonstrate very positive attitudes to learning. Leadership is strong at all levels. Existing leaders identify and nurture potential leaders. Leaders invest in high-quality training to support improvement'
Our vision is that Chestnut Park Primary School will remain a primary school of excellence, where every child is both challenged and inspired to achieve beyond their dreams. We believe every child should be inspired by a rich and varied curriculum which focuses on establishing the highest standard of basic skills, whilst nurturing independent learners and thinkers.
What we are looking for
- Knowledge of schools systems SIMS is desirable
- Experience or training in a busy environment
- Flexible and adaptable to suit the needs and requirements of the office manager and leadership team
- Able to remain professional when handling confidential material
- An excellent communicator with both parents, children and staff
- In possession of A-C in Maths and English in GCSE or equivalent.
- Aware of the importance of confidentiality and safeguarding of children
- Confident with the use of Microsoft Office and ideally some experience of updating and maintaining website content
Why work at Chestnut Park Primary school
- An opportunity to develop your skills and be part of a team committed to supporting the school
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service.
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community
- A new modern, purpose built environment to aid the delivery of your role
Hours: Temporary maternity cover - 9.00am - 4.00pm Monday to Friday, 39 weeks of the year (Term time) Salary: Associate 2; FTE £19291- £21,000 Pro-rata £14,982 - £16,309
Start Date: ASAP
Closing date for applications: 22nd September 2021 at 11.59pm
Interview date: TBC
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.