Aureus Primary School are seeking an Office Apprentice to join their small friendly team from September 2020.
Perhaps you are new to the workplace or are looking for a career change and would like to undertake an apprenticeship in School Administration while you are working?
We are looking to appoint a confident, enthusiastic and proactive apprentice with strong IT skills to work as part of our administration team in our busy office environment.
Applicants must be willing to commit to the apprenticeship course that will run for 18 months, where you will learn on the job and have 20% dedicated study time. Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship you will have earned a Level 3 in Business Administration, equivalent to 2 A Level’s.
This varied role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to learn all aspects within the department, developing their knowledge and skills in both IT school systems and procedures. The successful candidate should have excellent communication and organisational skills. It is important that you have a warm, caring, and professional manner at all times, as you will be dealing face to face with parents, carers and pupils on a daily basis.
You will need to really impress us in your supporting statement with why you are the right person for the role.
About Aureus Primary School
Opened in September 2018 Aureus Primary School is a state of the art modern school serving the thriving and diverse new community on Great Western Park in Didcot. We are a values-led school with a strong curriculum with a STEAM focus. Aureus Primary is a growing school with two form entry and a nursery on site. When we are full in 2022 we will have a large school community of 420 school-age pupils.
What we are looking for
• Good working knowledge of IT, ideally confident with the use of Microsoft Office
• Flexible and adaptable to suit the needs and requirements of the office manager and leadership team
• Able to remain professional when handling confidential material
• An excellent communicator with both parents, children and staff
• In possession of A-C in Maths and English in GCSE or equivalent.
• Aware of the importance of confidentiality and safeguarding of children
• and ideally some experience of updating and maintaining website content
• Excellent IT skills are essential for this role
Why work at Aureus Primary School?
• Opportunities to grow and develop in a large multi academy trust
• A supportive and approachable senior management team.
• Continuous personal development through our tailored CPD programme.
• An exciting chance to assist in the educational progression of young children.
• Job satisfaction.
• Recognition of previous school continuous service.
• Enhanced maternity and sickness entitlement
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward-thinking, and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer that allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn, and Flourish. Our offer includes:
• Continuous Professional Development
• Work-life and family-friendly policies
• Flexible Working
• Staff Wellbeing
• Career Pathways and Talent Management
• Staff Benefits
• Community and Collaboration
• Valued Worker Scheme
Salary: £5,683pa - FTE £8000 apprenticeship salary, rising after completion.
Hours: Full time - 30 hours a week (Monday to Friday 8.45am – 3.15pm: 30 min unpaid lunch break), 39 weeks a year. Includes 20% paid study time.
Start date: 1st September 2020
Closing date for applications: Friday 10th July 2020 12 noon
Interview date: TBC week commencing Monday 13th July
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.