We are looking for someone with fantastic administrative skills and a flair for finance to join our high performing and friendly office team supporting Lime Tree Primary School and Merstham Primary School.
The postholder will provide efficient and effective administrative support as a member of our schools office team, with specific responsibility for finance administration across both schools, including banking, school trips and nursery fees. The postholder will also promote a professional and friendly point of call to all parents and visitors to our schools.
About Lime Tree Primary School
Lime Tree Primary school opened in September 2013 and, since opening, we have a lot of achievements to celebrate. The children, staff, parents and governors have all embraced the mission statement that is summarised in the strap line ‘Learning Together to Achieve Success’.
We are located in a brand new, purpose built school in Merstham where the blank page that we started with is now taking shape, with our ethos and values underpinning our day to day organisation as well as the overall strategic direction that the school is taking to move forward and grow year on year.
As an academy within GLF Schools, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources, and support in every aspect of school life from learning and teaching to staffing and educational expertise.
About Merstham Primary School
At Merstham Primary School, we want children to be confident lifelong learners. We set high expectations academically and socially and provide a nurturing environment to develop a caring attitude.
Therefore, we want our school to be a place where:
- everyone feels safe, cared for and included;
- all children are given the skills and opportunities to be independent and collaborative learners in a happy, structured, stimulating environment;
- expectations are high, both collectively and individually;
- all children are equipped with the knowledge and skills to choose a healthy, active lifestyle;
- teachers provide school days that excite, challenge and motivate each child;
- our 6 rules are simple, fair, understood and consistent;
- everyone is valued and respected regardless of gender, race, age, religion or ability;
- goals and targets are clearly defined and explained and achievements are celebrated;
- we prepare all our children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life and equip them to achieve the highest standards possible in everything they do.
What we are looking for
- An enthusiastic team player
- Fantastic numerical and communications skills
- Eye for detail
- The ability to multitask
- Friendly and approachable
- Used to working in a fast paced environment
Why work for us:
- Friendly and supportive staff team
- Good on the job training opportunities
- The opportunity to support children in accessing an engaging curriculum
- Enhanced maternity & sickness entitlement
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, innovative and forward thinking Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued worker scheme
The Role Details:
Start date: ASAP
FTE Salary: Associate 2 £18000 - £21100 FTE
Hours: 27.5 hours per week (Mon - Fri 9.30 - 3.30pm), 39 weeks of the year (Term Time Only)
Actual Salary: £11,829
Closing Date: 05th June 2022
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place