Are you ambitious and innovative? Do you have the passion and skills to be part of our school office team?
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive Administrator to work as part of our administration team in our busy office environment. This varied role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to learn all aspects within the department, developing their knowledge and skills. The successful candidate will have experience or training within an administrative role and should have excellent communication and organisational skills. It is important that you have a warm, caring and professional manner at all times, as you will be dealing face to face with parents and carers on a daily basis. This opportunity provides the potential to grow and develop new skills. The new Office Assistant will work closely with the Office Manager to ensure the smooth running of all administrative roles within the school.
About Floreat Wandsworth
Floreat Wandsworth is a brand new school that opened in September 2015 and is part of the GLF Schools Multi-Academy Trust. Our mission is to enable all pupils to flourish by exposing them to a knowledge-rich academic education and developing their character strengths and virtues. s a member of our team, you will teach, role model and strive to exemplify virtues such as curiosity, honesty, perseverance, and how we can serve others. In return, we commit to giving you the time, inspiration and support to flourish.
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of schools systems is desirable
- Experience or training in a busy environment
- Flexible and adaptable to suit the needs and requirements of the office manager and leadership team
- Able to remain professional when handling confidential material
- An excellent communicator with both parents, children and staff
- In possession of A-C in Maths and English in GCSE or equivalent.
- Aware of the importance of confidentiality and safeguarding of children
- Confident with the use of Microsoft Office and ideally some experience of updating and maintaining website content
- Passionate about the children's learning, progression and welfare.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 41 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 41 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Teachers Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Start Date: 1st September 2022
Salary: £18,000 - £21,100 (FTE)
Contract: Full time - 37.5 hours a week term time plus INSET day
Interviews: TBC with shortlisted candidates
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place