We have a fantastic opportunity for a confident, friendly and flexible individual to join our strong and supportive admin team and to make a difference to the outcomes of the children and young people attending our school.
The successful candidate will be a hard-working and motivated individual who will lead the front office administration function and provide a diverse range of secretarial and administrative duties for the school. This is a busy and varied role for someone who is pleasant and welcoming and has the capacity to remain calm and cope with the unexpected. They will be confident with the use of Microsoft Office, able to remain professional when handling confidential material, be an excellent communicator and ideally, have experience of working in a busy office environment within a school setting. They will also be responsible for promoting a professional and friendly point of call to all parents and visitors to the school, ensuring all queries are dealt with effectively and efficiently. Working 30 hours a week over 40 weeks of the year, the successful candidate will be proactive, willing and enjoy interacting with our children, visitors and colleagues.
About Southgate Primary
Southgate Primary School is an improving school situated in the heart of the Crawley Community. At Southgate Primary School we want every child to succeed and we give them opportunities and experiences which opens their eyes to the possibilities ahead of them and provides the skills and knowledge to help them reach their full potential.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent IT skills and is competent using a range Microsoft packages
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills- Preferably experienced in working in a school environment
- Educated to GCSE level with Maths and English
Why work at Southgate:
• Committed to making a difference to children's lives by supporting the work in our improving school
• An opportunity to develop your skills and be part of a team committed to supporting the school
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• The opportunity to work in an expanding and developing Educational Trust, GLF.
Thrive in a Career with GLF
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued Worker Scheme
Start Date - Ideally 1st March 2021
Hours – 30 hours a week to be worked across 4 days (8-4pm), 40 weeks of the year (Term time plus 1 week)
Salary - GLF Associate 3, Point 10, FTE Salary – £22,421
Actual Pro-rata Salary - £16,486
Closing date for applications – Tuesday 26th January 2021
Interview date – Tuesday 2nd February 2021 – interview will take place via video link
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.