We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced administrator to join our school and lead our office team. If you are a confident, friendly and flexible individual who would like to make a difference to the outcomes of the children attending our school, this could be just the role for you.
The successful candidate will be a hard-working and motivated individual who will ensure there are efficient administrative systems in the office that deliver a high quality service to the school community and meet key deadlines. They will also be responsible for organising marketing events and online activity to secure pupil numbers in our school and nursery. This is a busy and varied role for someone who is pleasant and welcoming and has the capacity to remain calm and cope with the unexpected.
They will be confident with the use of Microsoft, Google and be able to learn new systems. They should be professional when handling confidential material, be an excellent communicator and ideally, have experience of working in a busy office environment within a school setting. They will also be responsible for providing a professional and friendly point of call to all parents and visitors to the school, ensuring all queries are dealt with effectively and efficiently.
Working 36 hours a week over 41 weeks of the year, the successful candidate will be positive, proactive and enjoy interacting with our children, visitors and colleagues.
About Floreat Wandsworth
Floreat Wandsworth is a brand-new school that opened in September 2015 and is part of the GLF Schools Multi-Academy Trust. Our mission is to enable all pupils to flourish by exposing them to a knowledge-rich academic education and developing their character strengths and virtues. We believe that our school has a responsibility that is as much about developing young people’s character strengths and virtues as it is about developing their academic knowledge both through core skills and knowledge learning. Our staff need to model and support this ethos.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Excellent IT skills and is competent using a range of Microsoft packages
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience in working in a school environment
- Educated to GCSE level with Maths and English
Why work at Floreat Wandsworth
- Everything is positive... the children are full of joy and are always very well behaved!
- Your colleagues are supportive, enthusiastic, friendly, committed and skilled.
- The chance to work for a thriving community of families.
- Lots of CPD opportunities are provided by the Trust we belong to – GLF.
- GLF Schools have a friendly, caring ethos that also support flexible working and wellbeing.
- Supportive line management with opportunities to learn and develop.
- Easy transport links to great places to live e.g. Tooting, Clapham, Brixton, Putney, Balham, Wimbledon and Kingston.
- It’s a 5-minute walk from Earlsfield Train Station and then a 10 minute train to Waterloo. There’s also a space for your car!
Thrive in a Career with GLF
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding academy trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff. Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust Teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of their own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience. GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
- Continuous Professional Development
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Flexible Working
- Staff Wellbeing
- Career Pathways and Talent Management
- Staff Benefits
- Community and Collaboration
- Valued Worker Scheme
If you would like further information about this role, or to have an informal discussion, please contact the Headteacher, Matthew Custance: See our website vacancies page for contact details.
Start Date- June 2021
Hours– 36 hours a week to be worked across 5 days (during school hours), 41 weeks of the year (Term time plus 2 weeks)
FTE Salary– GLF Specialist Range £25,000-£30,000 (FTE). Appointment within the range will depend on previous experience and skills.
Actual Pro-rata Salary- £22,610 - £27,132
Closing date for applications–10th May 2021, 9am
Interview date– 20th May 2021
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.