An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and caring Office Manager to oversee our busy main school office.
The successful candidate will be a hard-working and motivated individual who will ensure there are efficient administrative systems in the office that deliver a high-quality service to the school community and meet key deadlines. This is a busy and varied role for someone who is pleasant and welcoming and has the capacity to remain calm and cope with the unexpected.
They will be confident with the use of Microsoft, Google and be able to learn new systems. They should be professional when handling confidential material, be an excellent communicator and ideally, have experience of working in a busy office environment within a school setting. They will also be responsible for providing a professional and friendly point of call to all parents and visitors to the school, ensuring all queries are dealt with effectively and efficiently.
What we are looking for
• A strong team player that is able to use their own initiative
• Excellent organisational skills
• Enthusiasm and a calm and friendly personality
• Flexible and adaptable to suit the needs and requirements of the role
• An ability to remain professional when handling confidential material
• An excellent communicator with both parents, children and staff
• Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent)
• Aware of the importance of confidentiality and safeguarding of children
• Confident in the use of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of school systems (SIMS is desirable)
• Good level of IT skills
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification for more information and before applying.
About Southgate Primary School
Our School sits within a newly established cluster of schools, overseen by a Regional Director. Along with Southgate Primary School, our cluster includes the following other schools; Forge Wood Primary School, Kilnwood Vale Primary School, Greenway Junior School, Salfords Primary School, Lime Tree Primary School, Merstham Primary School.
This is an exciting opportunity to work collaboratively with colleagues across this cluster, to share expertise and experience, ensuring all children in our schools receive an excellent education and reach their potential. It also provides opportunities for career progression across the cluster and gives you the chance to further your professional development.
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
● Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 17,000 pupils
● Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
● 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
● We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
● Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
● Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
● Flexible working options
● Generous holiday allowance
● Work life and family friendly policies
● Employee wellbeing initiatives
● Access to a staff benefits portal
● Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £24,982 FTE
Actual Salary: £22,387.36
Hours of work: Monday – Friday 8.30am-4.30pm - 39 weeks per year (term time plus one week, including INSET days).
Closing Date: 20th October 2023
Interview date: ASAP
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place