At GLF Schools, we believe that the best place for trainee teachers to learn how to become excellent classroom practitioners is in a school. We are once again opening our doors and offering undergraduates the opportunity to participate in a three-week, Government funded, paid internship.
This three-week funded programme is designed to support undergraduates interested in teaching. Successful interns will spend time in school in June/July 2024 and be provided with £300 per week.
Do I meet the criteria?
- Are you currently a university undergraduate?
- Are you interested in teaching mathematics, computing, chemistry, MFL or physics?
- Would you like the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of teaching through a three-week paid school experience?
What will I gain?
By joining us for this three week paid placement, GLF Schools affords you the opportunity to gain:
- A deeper understanding of life in school
- To learn from expert colleagues through a programme of learning, support, and observations
- To co-plan and deliver lessons or parts of lessons
- To work one to one with a mentor who is an excellent classroom practitioner in their specialism
- To network with qualified subject specialists and other colleagues
- To develop skills to add to your CV
- Work with the GLF Teacher Training team, part of IFT (Inspiring Future Teachers), who will support your school placement and subsequent applications to train to teach
Future support from GLF Schools
When the time comes, our GLF Teacher Training team would be delighted to support you with your subsequent application to train to teach. We work collaboratively with the GLF Schools Recruitment Team and we are always looking for fantastic teachers to join us.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview
- Following a successful interview candidates will be asked to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. This is a safeguarding requirement for those working in schools and with children
- The programme will begin in June 2024
- Applications can be made by clicking the "Apply" button on this advert
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.