At GLF Schools we believe that the best place for trainee teachers to learn how to become excellent classroom practitioners is in a school, so we are opening our classroom doors and offering undergraduates the opportunity to experience a three week PAID internship.
GLF Schools is a Multi Academy Trust of 41 schools and we work closely with a number of partnership schools across Surrey and West Sussex. Through this programme, you will receive high-quality support and training from skilled teachers who are passionate about education.
Successful interns will spend time in a school in June/July 2022. The programme is for three weeks and successful applicants will earn £300 per week (£900 for the total placement).
By joining us for this three week paid placement, GLF Schools affords you the opportunity to gain:
- A deeper understanding of life in school
- To learn from expert colleagues through a programme of learning, support, and observations
- To co-plan and deliver lessons or parts of lessons
- To work one to one with a mentor who is an excellent classroom practitioner in their specialism
- To network with qualified subject specialists and other colleagues
- To develop skills to add to your CV
- To work with our highly successful School Based Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) team
Do I meet the criteria?
- Are you currently a university undergraduate?
- Are you interested in teaching Mathematics, Computing or Physics?
- Would you like the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of teaching?
Future support from GLF Schools
When the time comes, our SCITT team would be delighted to support you with your subsequent application to train to teach. We work collaboratively with the GLF Recruitment Team and we are always looking for fantastic teachers to join us.
Interview Date: Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview before 31st March 2022
Start Date: June 2022
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.