Are you looking for a term time role?
Do you have the passion and skills to work with children with SEN, helping them to develop their full potential?
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring Learning Support Assistant to play a key role in supporting the class teacher and the SENCo in the teaching and welfare of children with learning and physical needs. You would be helping to support a specific child with their physical needs and will work under the guidance of the class teacher and the SENCo. Experience of with working with children with physical impairment would be a benefit.
About Hammond School
Rated as good by Ofsted, Hammond school is a 3 form entry junior school serving the community of Lightwater and the surrounding villages. Hammond School is part of the Federation of Lightwater Schools, being partnered with the adjacent infant school, and is an academy within the GLF Academy Trust. Through GLF, we have the benefit of sharing outstanding resources and practice with a number of other schools. We pride ourselves on the passion and dedication of our friendly staff and our wonderful pupils.
What we are looking for
We require the successful candidate to:
- Be able to develop positive relationships with young children
- Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child you are supporting
- Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
- Be a confident and clear communicator with parents
- Be flexible with regard to other classroom work
- Have experience of working with children with physical impairment
Why work at Hammond School?
- A well supported and vibrant learning environment with an emphasis on high levels of achievement
- High expectations, yet caring ethos which focuses on the development of the whole child
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service
- Excellent staff CPD opportunities
Working hours: 18 hours per week, 38.6 weeks per year (term time plus inset)
Salary: Associate 2 (FTE £17,900)
Pro Rata: £7,620
Closing Date for Applications: 14th May 2021
Interview Date: 21st May 2021
Please contact the school office to speak with our SENCo if you require more information about the role.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.